#TakeAction – June 19, 2020
Happy Friday! Here is how you can #TakeAction today, June 19th:
🔶 Support Juneteenth with specific actions
🔶 Join the Poor People’s Campaign tomorrow at 7am or 3pm online
1) Action: Support Juneteenth
“On June 19, 1865, Black communities in Texas finally received the news that they were free. Juneteenth is a day that honors Black freedom and Black resistance, and centers Black people’s unique contribution to the struggle for justice in the U.S. This Juneteenth is a rare moment for our communities to proclaim in one voice that Black Lives Matter, and that we won’t tolerate anything less than justice for all our people.”— Movement for Black Lives
The first steps are to sign up at sixnineteen.com and text DEFEND to 90975. Next, here are three specific asks that organizers have made:
1. Get the word out about the Juneteenth actions — through social media, email, and one-on-one conversations. The social media toolkit on Essence has graphics and sample text for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
2. Donate — and send fundraising appeals to networks. Here’s M4BL’s donation page. Black-led community and mobilization groups that are local to your area also need funding, so make sure to support them as well so they can continue the work.
3. Commit to supporting actions in your community.
2) Action: Join the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
The Mass Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington is fighting to save our nation’s soul from interlocking injustices of racism, poverty, militarism, ecological devastation, and a distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism. It’s gone on far too long, and we won’t be silent anymore.
Go to this site to join at 7am and 3pm PST tomorrow, June 20th: https://www.june2020.org/?share=b825ddaa-5be6-476c-a774-18234e4a0bfc
**CALENDAR**We are posting more and more events (both for our group and outside of it) on our calendar. Check it out! http://www.indivisible-wa8.com/calendar/
**EMAIL**Friends not on FB and want to join our efforts? Sign up for email: http://eepurl.com/cChJwD