Trump is doing everything possible to destroy the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and make it impossible for Americans to vote by mail during the pandemic. His partner in this project is Louis DeJoy, Republican mega-donor who has no experience in running this type of organization. In just two months, he has done serious damage to the USPS. Here is just a sample of his impact in the Seattle-Tacoma area, where close to half of the mail sorting machines have already been dismantled.
This is more than just an annoyance and a concern for the November elections. Trump and DeJoy are slowing down shipments of the medications upon which seniors and veterans rely. Is this making America great?
What you can do: Recommendations from Indivisible Washington’s 8th District
- Contact your members of Congress and demand that they do everything in their power to save the USPS. (See our Resources page for the contact information for our WA8 members of Congress, and here is more information from Indivisible to support your call.)
- Share your personal story with our Congresswoman of how the Post Office slow down has impacted you and your family.
- Share mail delay information with WA Attorney General Bob Ferguson, call (360) 753-2716. AG Ferguson and other AG’s around the country are suing the Trump Administration for its unlawful service cuts.
- Contact the USPS Board of Governors and demand that Louis DeJoy be fired for the damage he has done to the USPS. Contact info:
- Robert Duncan: email@example.com 606-298-3511
- John Barger: firstname.lastname@example.org 626-460-6321, 213-629-8356
- Ron Bloom: email@example.com, 212-417-7000
- Roman Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-634-1190, 917-892-4008
- Donald Moak: 202-838-3800
- Wiliam Zollers: email@example.com, 913-696-6100, 415-394-9000
STAY TUNED: Aug 24 – 30